Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Other things you can do with HDU foam





You will hear me talking a lot about Precision board because it has allowed me to get away from the inconsistencies of other materials. Of course I still use wood  and metal for application where they are appropriate. But for items I do for decoration and display, the foam is hard to beat.  It comes in various densities and I am currently using what they call 30# which means it weighs 30 lbs. per square foot. It is hard and durable but easy to tool.

                                      This is a sign I did for a friend who does diesel repair.










This is a scan from the original wax my dad did when I had an art foundry in the 70's.























This is the view in Aspire software.





























This is the finished piece carved, on my home made cnc router, out of precision board. It was finished with a bronze powder /acrylic paint made by www.sculptnouveau.com . You can actually apply a patina to the finish while it is still wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment